Photo: Freeford House is on the left of this row.
Freeford House
Freeford House is thought to be the site of a leper hospital dating back to 13th century. In 1917 some 80 human skeletons were discovered near to the site during excavations for a road widening.Some existing masonry on the site is thought to be part of the hospital chapel's foundations and part of the present house bears the name "Chapel Yard".
See "Bones of Lepers at Freeford" on Lichfield Lore.
| Access: | Public |
| Alignment: | On canal line |
| Huddlesford: | - |
| Catshill: | - |
52.67197, -1.80631