The first of these cottages by Lock No1 was built in 1810, the second being attached for the lock keepers family. These properties were given BCN numbers when the BCN acquired the W&E Canal Company in 1840 and upgraded the full length of the canal.
Private property - no access
Distance from Catshill
Distance from Huddlesford
These two Cottage numbers are the last two numbers in the BCN Property Register.
Ogley Cottages BCN 272 & 271
On canal line
Photo: Last two cottages on the canal, BCN 271 & 272