The first of the cottages that line the Lichfield Canal was built in 1810 by Lock No1. These properties were given BCN numbers when the BCN acquired the W&E Canal Company in 1840 and upgraded the full length of the canal.
Distance from Catshill
Distance from Huddlesford
Site of canal side Cottage BCN 264
On canal line
Photo: The Lichfield Canal near to Darnford Lane in 1958 showing a typical canalside cottage. For illustration only - this is probably not BCN 264.